- This event has passed.
Conservation Lobby Day
January 22, 2018 @ 7:30 am - 5:00 pm$25
Virginia Conservation Network organizes Conservation Lobby Day to ensure a strong conservation voice is heard early in the legislative session. Volunteer advocates are invited to join professional staff of Network Partners as we meet with state legislators and encourage them to support environmental policy advancements. The Network’s Web page will be regularly updated with everything you need to know about this special day of action, including a full schedule of events, lobby appointment information, prep-webinar information, and what to expect.
Conservation Lobby Day
Monday, January 22, 2018 | 7:30 AM
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church | Richmond, VA
Tickets $25 (student discount available)
Register today: https://
Coffee, light breakfast, and lunch will be served at the event. Attendees will also receive a copy of the 2018 Environmental Briefing Book.
Please note the following:
- Virginia Conservation Network will be hosting a webinar to prep for Conservation Lobby Day — the date is still being determined. Experts in the conservation field will brief participants on top line items in the 2018 Virginia General Assembly session. We encourage everyone who registers for Conservation Lobby Day to tune into this webinar to get up to speed on environmental bills and issues.
- We encourage everyone to wear something green on Conservation Lobby Day, so that we can all identify each other in the General Assembly Building. Scarf, tie, sweater, pants — just a few ideas!
- Due to the renovations taking place in the General Assembly Building, legislator meetings will take place in the Pocahontas Building. This building is much smaller than the General Assembly Building; therefore, we expect more limited access than in past years. We ask that those who register for Conservation Lobby Day do so understanding that meetings may be tricky to navigate due to these circumstances out of Virginia Conservation Network’s control.
- St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
815 East Grace St.
Richmond, VA 23219 United States + Google Map
- Virginia Conservation Network
Friends of Nelson welcomes event listings from all related groups who are working to oppose the Atlantic Coast Pipeline. To have your event listed on our calendar, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.