Comments due June 2, 2016!
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) has just announced a scoping period and scoping meetings to take your comments on the Atlantic Coast Pipeline (ACP). They want to know if you think the Atlantic Coast Pipeline belongs in our national forests.
Comments are due June 2nd.
There are two important questions to address in your comments:
1) Should the USFS issue a right of way for the Pipeline?
The Forest Service is calling for comments on whether or not to issue a “right-of-way grant” that would allow the Atlantic Coast Pipeline to cross and occupy National Forest lands.
2) Should the George Washington National Forest amend its 10 year plan to allow the ACP to cross the forest?
Because the ACP does not utilize a designated utility corridor through the George Washington National Forest (GWNF) the Land Resource and Management Plan (LRMP) for the GWNF would need to be amended to allow the pipeline across.
Comment through FERC’s online system or by mail:
Reference the ACP Docket # CP15-554-000
Please carefully follow these instructions so that your comments are properly recorded.
(1) You can file your comments electronically using the eComment feature located on the Commission’s website (http://www.ferc.gov) under the link to Documents and Filings. This is an easy method for interested persons to submit brief, text-only comments on a project;
(2) You can file your comments electronically using the eFiling feature located on the Commission’s website (http://www.ferc.gov) under the link to Documents and Filings. With eFiling, you can provide comments in a variety of formats by attaching them as a file with your submission. New eFiling users must first create an account by clicking on “eRegister.” You must select the type of filing you are making. If you are filing a comment on a particular project, please select “Comment on a Filing;” or
(3) You can file a paper copy of your comments by mailing them to the following address:
Kimberly D. Bose, Secretary
Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
888 First Street NE, Room 1A
Washington, DC 20426
Need ideas on what to say? Wild VA Sample Scoping Comments
Comment via the means above and then please also sign and share Wild Virginia’s ONLINE PETITION