Please join our resistance and DONATE to Friends of Nelson!
You may donate in two ways:
- Online: Please fill out the form below. Payment will be processed by Virginia Organizing a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that accepts donations on behalf of Friends of Nelson.
- By mailing a check: To be an IRS tax deduction, your check must be made out to: Virginia Organizing (with “Friends of Nelson” noted in the memo line). Please mail checks to: Friends of Nelson, PO Box 33 Nellysford, VA 22958.
Friends of Nelson is a Joint Plan of Work Partner of Virginia Organizing. Virginia Organizing , Inc. is officially registered with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, P.O. Box 1163, Richmond, VA & 23209. You can write to this Department for all relevant financial statements and procedures regarding the solicitation of contributions.
Donations to Friends of Nelson will be used to:
- educate citizens in a coordinated effort to stop the pipeline in Nelson County
- improve our communications about the ACP to landowners and the community of Nelson County and beyond
- counter Dominion’s propaganda through advertising and outreach
- hire experts as needed to identify and protect Nelson County’s unique economy and environment, which would be impacted by the proposed pipeline
- “weigh in” as strongly as possible in the FERC process
- assist with expert testimony and legal affidavits to support potential legal action taken on behalf of Friends of Nelson and others by a legal team led by Appalachian Mountain Advocates