Where We Stand in Our Fight Against the Atlantic Coast Pipeline: Saturday, April 13th, Spruce Creek Camp, Nellysford VA
Join us in Nelson County for a one day workshop to learn about our recent successes and upcoming challenges. The workshop on April 13, 2019, will start at 9am and end at 6pm. The workshop’s focus is to bring citizens up to speed on the current state of the fight against the Atlantic Coast Pipeline and to further inform and educate them on specific pipeline issues. Besides the list of speakers and topics (below), we will have guided tours nearby of the proposed route, exercises on how to protest safely, and a group discussion on the path forward for those opposed to this 7.8 billion dollar boondoggle project.
Attendees are encouraged to bring their own lunch and a camp chair to sit in. Box lunches available with advance order – see registration form. Water, comfort station and a first aid tent with emergency phone service will also be available.
The event will take place on Jill and Richard Averitt’s property where the pipeline is proposed to cross. The location is south of Nellysford, VA across from Bold Rock Cider. The event is free – however, we ask all participants to
PRE-REGISTER by clicking here
.Further Questions? Please email us at email@example.com
If there is inclement weather, we will have an alternate indoor site available.
Speakers and their topics:
- Richard Averitt – Eminent Domain and how ‘Quick Take’ violates due process and should be ruled unconstitutional
- William Limpert – How outside, long term storage of gas pipes deteriorates the coatings and increases the risk of failure
- Lakshmi Fjord – The proposed Compressor Station in Buckingham County and the plight of the Union Hill Community
- Rick Cornelius – The Legal Case against the Pipeline and where it stands today
- Jennifer Lewis – Augusta County’s water supply is at risk due to its Karst topography and the pipeline route’s proximity to the Staunton Reservoir.
- Tom Hadwin – Why the ACP is not needed, particularly in the Hampton Roads area.
Follow us on Facebook & Twitter: