The purpose of the comment period is for interested persons to submit technical comments and/or information for the MVP and ACP projects relevant to:
- the sufficiency of the Corps NWP 12 permit’s general and regional conditions, as they relate to specific, wetland or stream crossing(s);
- the sufficiency of the Corps NWP 12 permit authorization for each project, as related to specific, wetland or stream crossing(s); and/or
- the sufficiency of the Commonwealth’s § 401 water quality certification of NWP 12, as related to specific, wetland or stream crossing(s).
INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All written comments submitted must include the name(s), mailing address(es) and telephone number(s) of the person(s) commenting.
2. All written comments submitted must be to a specific wetland or stream crossing. Comments should reference exact wetlands and streams crossings by the identifiers found at the following address:
- Crossing identifiers for the ACP project:
- Crossing identifiers for the MVP project:
3. Written comments may be submitted via hand-delivery to DEQ, 1111 East Main Street, Richmond, VA 23219; via postal mail to DEQ, P.O. Box 1105, Richmond, VA 23218; or via e-mail at the following email address(es) ONLY – emails and attachments sent to other email addresses or internet sites will not be considered:
WHAT TO SAY
If you are looking for ideas on what to say in your comments, Wild Virginia has prepared an excellent set of Suggestions for Comments in Response to DEQ Public Notice Impacts from Waterbody Crossings and Water Quality Standards. Use their suggestions and personalize them.