Swarm the Mountain events in Bent Mountain are on the Mountain Valley Pipeline route and close to the ongoing tree sits.
THURSDAY August 1, 2019
6-9 PM: Dance Party for the Rusty Patched Bumblebee, Lobo Marino, Poetry Jam and more! Wear yellow and black and your dancing shoes. Flag and banner making, potluck offerings welcome.
FRIDAY August 2, 2019
10 AM: Flower March for Yellow Finch. Bring flowers and love notes for the tree people! Wear yellow and black. Starting point tba.
5 PM: Flyer the Floyd Jamboree! Wear yellow and black and swarm the streets with flyers about our amazing People’s Pizza Party.
SATURDAY August 3, 2019
People’s Pizza Party: A Fundraiser for Finch!
If you have farm fresh veggies, bring them and add them to your wood-fired pizza!
5-10 PM: Open Mic and dance party jam; bring your instruments and celebrate!
SUNDAY August 4, 2019
10 AM-2 PM: Solidarity at the Sits: Visit Yellow Finch and support the sitters: shuttle service
2-5 PM: Citizen Voices Radio Show. Story sharing from the MVP grassroots with the Richmond Resistance. Tell your MVP resistance story on the radio!
5-6 PM: Water blessing, closing ceremony.
Come Camp with us!!
-One night or many nights!
-Water available on site
-Leave no trace! Pack it in/ pack it out
– Bring a plate, cup and Utensils
All of these events are Rain or shine. The land that is hosting the events has a Barn where we can gather in a covered area if needed.
Questions? Feel free to ask!
Do I have to come to all of the events?
-No, You come to whatever inspires you.
What if I have an idea for a support event?
– Amazing! please share with others and see if you can get a group together to manifest your dreams.
Does this cost money?
-No, but if you would like to donate, I’m sure we can find a good use for extra money.
Is this taking place at the sits?
– No, Camping and events will take place on private land in Bent mountain (the address listed in the event location tab)
There will be optional visits to the sits throughout the weekend.
What should I wear?
– make sure you are prepared for the weather, whatever it may be. Wear Yellow and Black if you can. We will have stencils for printing on extra items of clothing!
How else can I support?
– Share our social media posts
– Bring some food to share
– Make some art
– There are so many different ways to support, get creative.