Friends of Nelson’s ready-made letters make it easy to write to your representatives and other organizations about timely issues regarding the Atlantic Coast Pipeline. Letters are available in PDF and Word file formats: just download, print, sign, and mail!
Current Letter-Writing Campaigns
- On the National Resources Defense Council’s Web page, you can click to send a letter to members of the Virginia State Water Control Board opposing certification of the proposed Atlantic Coast and Mountain Valley Pipelines. (November 2017)
- Letter to Governor McAuliffe (an invitation for the Governor to visit Nelson County and meet the citizens who would be affected by the ACP) (August, 15, 2015): PDF file and Word file [As of November 2017, despite many letters and invitations, McAuliffe still has not visited Nelson County!]
- Letters to Governor McAuliffe, David Paylor (Director of the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality), and Molly Ward (Secretary of Natural Resources) (July 13, 2015): PDF file and Word file. Note: If you don’t have time to mail a letter to Governor McAuliffe, you can copy and paste the text of our pre-written letter and send him an email instead via his online email form. Please also make sure to email the letter to the Secretary of Natural Resources, Molly Ward (email@example.com), and the Director of the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality, David Paylor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Past Letter-Writing Campaigns
- Letter to Representatives (a letter to Senator Kaine, Senator Warner, and Rep Hurt, letting them know how serious we are about holding FERC accountable to following federal rules and ignoring Dominion’s request to “waive rules and regulations”) (September 29, 2015): PDF file and Word file
- Letter to Representatives (Note: This is a general letter of opposition that you can send to any representative and that will not go out of date. To view contact information for addressing this letter to your representatives, please click here.) (August 3, 2015): PDF file and Word file
- Letters to Representatives (Warner, Kaine, Hurt, and McAuliffe) (July 6, 2015): PDF file and Word file
- Letters to Delegate Dickie Bell, Delegate Matt Fariss, and Senator Creigh Deeds (June 22, 2015): PDF file and Word file
- Letters to Representatives (Warner, Kaine, Hurt, and McAuliffe) (June 8, 2015): PDF file and Word file
- Letters to Senators Warner and Kaine and Representative Hurt (May 27, 2015): PDF file and Word file
- Letters to Elected Officials (Senators Warner and Kaine and Governor McAuliffe) and FERC (updated May 8, 2015): PDF file and Word file
- Letter to Governor McAuliffe, which asks that he protect water quality during plans for and construction of the Atlantic Coast Pipeline (ACP) by increasing transparency for construction plans for the ACP (May 21, 2015): PDF file and Word file
- Letter to Dominion’s Board of Directors (updated May 27, 2015): PDF file and Word file