On behalf of Friends of Nelson and Jill and Richard Averitt, we thank those of you who spent your day with us at Spruce Creek in Nelson County a few weekends ago. We had an amazing time hearing from all of our speakers, connecting with old friends and making new ones, and enjoying the transition into this beautiful spring season.
Several speakers had slide presentations that they were not able to show (in the bright sunlight), and they have graciously shared them here:
Bill Limpert‘s presentation included:
- Pipelines and Safety: Coatings and Geohazards
- Bill’s letter to Virginia’s Department of Health and to the Department of Environmental Quality on possible public health impacts from the 3M Skotchkote Fusion Bonded Epoxy (FBE) used to coat the pipes for the Atlantic Coast Pipeline (ACP) and the Mountain Valley Pipeline (MVP)
- Letter to FERC by Tina L. Smusz, MD, endorsing pipeline coating concerns
Lakshmi Fjord‘s presentation included:
- Slides on Atlantic Coast Pipeline Map of Injustice
- A four minute video with Primilla Malik of Protect Orange County in Minisink NY, where in 2012 FERC approved a large compressor station, built near many homes, as part of a natural gas pipeline project. Since then many residents have been “Home Sick with Toxic Emissions”
Tom Hadwin‘s Slides on the economic need (actually, the lack thereof!) for the ACP, and the other available options.
Thanks to Chris Tandy from 350 Loudoun, we now have a YouTube link to the video of each speaker. If you couldn’t make it or just want to hear all the speakers again all six are available for watching here:
Please consider spreading the news by sending links to one of your favorites to friends and family. Again, thank you for participating in the gathering and making it a real success.
Together we are stronger!
Follow us on Facebook & Twitter: