The case of the US Forest Service and the Atlantic Coast Pipeline against Cowpasture River Preservation Association et al. was heard before the US Supreme Court on Monday February 24, 2020.
The transcript of the oral arguments is here.
On Friday afternoon February 28, the audio recording of the argument will be published here.
The argument analysis on the SCOTUS Blog is here.
A sampling of media coverage on the hearing:
- 2-27-20 gettingmoreontheground.com [Robert Whitescarver’s blog]. Uplifted Standing In Line at SCOTUS [Includes description of “two kinds of people in line that frigid night: the pipeline fighters and the homeless folks of D.C. hired by a professional ‘line-standing’ company to stand in line for the pro-pipeline people.”]
- 2-26-20 Forbes. Supreme Court Hears Arguments Over Building $7.5B Gas Pipeline Under Appalachian Trail.
- 2-24-20 Washington Post. Supreme Court hears battle over Atlantic Coast Pipeline.
- 2-24-20 The Hill. Justices grapple with $8 billion pipeline that would cross Appalachian Trail.
- 2-24-20 Virginia Mercury. ‘Trails’ vs. ‘lands’: High court weighs arguments in case that could decide fate of Atlantic Coast Pipeline.
- 2-24-20 NBC29. Supreme Court won’t have final word in pipeline case.
- 2-24-20 Charlotte Business Journal. Supreme Court justices appear on board with Duke Energy,
- 2-25-20 Utility Dive. Supreme Court Justice Gorsuch warns of unintended consequences in Atlantic Coast Pipeline case.
Follow us on Facebook & Twitter: