There are many things you can do to help stop the pipeline!
1. SIGN AND SHARE PETITIONS. Add your voice to the opposition of the Atlantic Coast Pipeline by signing online petitions and sending comments and letters via easy-to-use online comment forms. Click here to see a list of current online petitions and letters to which you can add your name. Be sure to share these petitions with your friends!
2. PARTICIPATE IN FRIENDS OF NELSON’S LETTER-WRITING CAMPAIGNS by downloading and mailing our ready-made letters. These letters make it easy to write to your representatives and other organizations about timely issues regarding the Atlantic Coast Pipeline. Click here to view a list of current and past letter-writing campaigns and download your ready-to-mail letters. Letters are available in PDF (just print, sign, and mail!) and Word file formats.
3. REFUSE PERMISSION FOR SURVEYING. If you are a landowner, please visit our Surveying and Access page for specific information about how to refuse surveying on your property, how to protect your property rights, and how to get in touch with Friends of Nelson about these important issues.
4. VOLUNTEER. Friends of Nelson always needs volunteers for its many activities, events, and outreach programs! To learn more about our volunteers and the ways in which you can help by becoming a volunteer, please visit our Volunteer page. If you would like to volunteer, please send an email to email@example.com.
5. SUBMIT COMMENTS AND WRITE PERSONAL LETTERS. You can fight the Atlantic Coast Pipeline and make your voice heard by writing letters to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), the United States Forest Service, your elected representatives, Dominion’s Board of Directors, and your local newspaper. Click here for information on how to submit comments to FERC and the Forest Service and write personal letters that will make a difference in the fight to oppose the ACP.
6. JOIN OUR BIWEEKLY PROTESTS AT DOMINION’S CHARLOTTESVILLE OFFICE. Take part in biweekly protests by the Dominion office in Charlottesville, across from Whole Foods, on the first and third Wednesday of each month, from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm. Park in the Kroger parking lot. Carry signs, wear No Pipeline tees, and make new friends while you walk up and down the sidewalk by the Dominion office to demonstrate to both Dominion employees and passing cars that we want clean energy and NO PIPELINE! For more information about these biweekly protests (including exact dates, the address of Dominion’s Charlottesville office, and a link to a Google map of the location), please visit our Events page and view our regular calendar listings for these local protests.
7. SPREAD THE WORD. On social media, follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Talk with friends, neighbors and family. The Friends of Nelson Fact Sheet would be a good thing to print and give to people or to post on bulletin boards
8. SIGNS AND BUMPER STICKERS. Put up a sign, display a bumper sticker, wear a t-shirt. Signs, stickers, and shirts are available for sale at Friends of Nelson’s table at the Nelson County farmer’s market, at Friends of Nelson’s public meetings, and at other Friends of Nelson events. You can also order NO PIPELINE signs, bumper stickers, and t-shirts from Eleanor Amidon by emailing her (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phoning her at 540-456-8506. You can order Friends of Nelson shirts and bumper stickers from Randy Whiting by emailing him at Randallswhiting@yahoo.com.
9. DONATE. Friends of Nelson is now incorporated and under a Joint Plan of Work with Virginia Organizing. Virginia Organizing is a 501(c)(3) non-profit so all contributions are tax-deductible in accordance with the law.
10. BECOME A MEMBER of Friends of Nelson. Use this membership form. The more members we have, the more support for our cause we can demonstrate!
11. KEEP INFORMED! Sign up for our email list so that we can notify you of important opportunities for public input and other events. By signing up for the Friends of Nelson email list, you will receive weekly newsletters containing news and information posted on our Web site, as well as important alerts and and time-critical announcements. Make sure that you add Friends of Nelson (email@example.com) to your contact list so that our emails don’t end up in your spam folder. You can also check our Web site or Facebook page for the latest information.
Thank you for your interest and support!